Thursday, April 30, 2009

2d30D18: Time to take it up a notch

I had a decent training session today. It was a bit rushed because of my personal time constraints, but I think we got in everything that I should have. I think I missed out on a treadmill "break" which would have been about 8-10 minutes of walking at a pace of 3.0 mph on a incline of 5 holding 10 lb weights. We basically did exercises that I've done before, we just did them with more intensity and increased weights. I purchased 8 more sessions because today was the last day of the 2 for 1 special. I still have 3 of the original 8 sessions left, and I'm not sure what I'll do after these next 8 are finished. Unless I find a job, I can't really afford the regular prices for the sessions. It jumps to $540 for 8 sessions compared to $240.

I reported earlier this week that with the warmer weather we were having, I tried on my summer clothes from last year and that most of them fit really well and some were even too loose. Well, I made the mistake of trying on some pre-pregnancy no. 2 clothes (I don't have any pre-pregnancy no. 1 clothes left, most were size 4, and I stopped kidding myself a long time ago that I would ever get back into those clothes.) Let's just say that the clothes I tried on still don't fit as well as I thought they should. So, with a mere 50 days before our anniversary vacation, it's time to take things up a notch.

1. As I write, I am drinking my last Diet Coke. I've been pretty good about not drinking too much caffeine, but when we had my husband's family over a few weeks ago, I bought a case of Diet Coke which I have been drinking. My goal is to drink at least 40 oz of water every day. I will keep track of my water intake in my food journal.

2. I am going to make a daily meal plan for one week and then use that as a basis for making meal plans for the following weeks. I'm good about planning dinners for the week for my family, but I don't usually plan my breakfasts or lunches, I just sort of grab what looks good when I'm making the kids' meals.

3. I am going to continue working out 6 days a week. I need to workout for at least one hour. As much as I love Jillian's 30 Day Shred and as hard as that workout is, I just don't think 20 minutes is long enough. I am going to attempt to amp up my C25K running efforts. I was doing well with that, but I just couldn't bring myself to run outside, now that it's just about May, I'm hoping the weather will cooperate, and I can start running outside. If I'm sore or sick again (or, God forbid, I contract Swine flu?!?!), I will do my best to workout anyway.

4. I am going to keep track of my sugar intake and try to keep it below 40 g.

5. No more "sneak bites." True Confession: Sometimes, when I'm getting my kids a snack, I'll sneak a bite or two of whatever I'm serving them. Usually it's something like a cracker or a Cheez-it, but I've been kidding myself that my "sneak bites" aren't hurting anything. It is truly only a bite or two, once or twice a day, but I don't account for these bites in my food journal. So, starting today, no more sneaking a bite or two of my kids' snacks.

I'm certain there are other changes I can make, and as they come to me I will try to incorporate them.

No comments: