Saturday, April 25, 2009

2d30D13: I followed Natalie!

I followed Natalie while doing Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred! I've done level 3 before, but I've always followed Anita's modifications. So, when I got my DVD back yesterday and decided to do Level 3, I also decided to follow "bad ass" Natalie.

I haven't done Level 3 in at least 2 months, and I forgot how hard it was, I mean really, really hard, especially if you don't do the wussy modifications. Honestly, there isn't one move that is easy. From the "walking plank up-up/down-downs" all the way through to the "Rock Start Jumps," all the moves are killer, and I hate them all. I hate the jumping squats and the "weighted plank-hold, arm and leg raise" move and the "Supermans." Jillian even takes the good old "jumping jack" to the next level by making us use weights. Ok, maybe the "one-armed squat clean and presses" might be considered by some to be "easier," but you're so tired by the time you get to those, that it's not as easy as it looks.

I was pretty spent at the end of the workout. I started to do Yoga Sculpt after the Shred, but I was dripping with sweat and wasn't into it. So, I stopped about 2 minutes in and started the Cardio Autonomy Yoga routine again. It's more relaxing. The pace is slower, and I get more of a stretch because you hold the poses longer. It was just what I needed after Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred.

No comments: