Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 20 con't: workout report

I did go to the rec center today. As I've mentioned, I'd like to start running; I hate running so I'm starting slowly, really slowly. I'm following the "cool running" plan. Today I did a 5 minute brisk warm up followed by alternating 60 seconds of running at 4.8 mph and 90 seconds of walking at 3.8 mph for an additional 20 minutes. I could have done more, but I felt good with what I did. I then went through my strength exercise routine. I found my old routine from Martin, the personal trainer I used previously, and did those exercises. I also incorporated a few moves from my Jillian Michaels DVD. I forgot to time exactly how long I worked on the strength exercises, but my best guess is about 25 minutes. When my 16 sessions with the new personal trainer expire, I'm thinking about joining the rec center for the summer. It's only $25 dollars/month. M would be free, and I can add R for an additional $10/month instead of paying $5 per visit.

My H took the Ipod with him as he's flying out of town for the weekend; so, I guess if I do this, it's my incentive to upload some music onto my still-in-the-box shuffle. I'm pretty sure I have some gift cards around here somewhere, too.

Finally, I did allow myself to drink a Vitamin water containing 25 calories and a protein bar with 140 calories after my workout. As I'm sitting here typing this entry, I really want a "snack," but I'm trying to let the feeling pass. I'll probably have some water as soon as I hit "publish."

No comments: