Thursday, April 23, 2009

2d30D11: Almost Motivated

I had a great session today with my trainer. I was mildly concerned that I would be weak because I haven't pushed myself very hard the past few days when I was sick, but I worked as hard as I could. I'm feeling much better except for a lingering stuffy nose.

It was just me again today for most of my session. I'm afraid I'm going to get spoiled if I don't start having another person there, but I'm fine either way. I'm sure if I were going early in the morning or later in the evening, there would be more people training. The high-lights from today's session:

1) Barbell/core presses.
2) Five point planks. This exercise was new to me, and it was killer. I had to hold myself in a plank position, lift one leg, lift the other, lift one arm, lift the other, and then push myself all he way down to the mat and then back up to a plank position. I did 3 sets of 12 of those babies.
3) Squats with shoulder presses holding 7 lb weights.
4) Deadlift/squat/press combination.

I left the gym feeling pretty good. My trainer said I did a great job. I'm really hoping that this great feeling translates into some new motivation this weekend and beyond. I made my appointments for next week: Tues at 10 and Thurs at 9:45.

No comments: