Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2d30D10: Ugh!

I didn't want to get up when the alarm went off at 5:45. I didn't want to get up when the first snooze went off 8 minutes later, so I re-set the alarm for 20 minutes (no use snoozing when I know I'm not getting up.)

For the next 20 minutes I had to talk myself into getting up to work out. I was trying to think of different combinations of workouts that I could try that might motivate me. I did "No More Trouble Zones" the quick version yesterday, and as I wrote, I felt like I could do more. "Boost Your Metabloism" I find to be really hard, and I wasn't in the mood to push myself that hard. The DVD is mostly cardio work and no weights, whereas "NMTZ" uses weights throughout most of it. So I settled on doing 30 minutes of "BYM" for the cardio followed by 30 minutes of "NMTZ." It turned out to be just fine.

I'm glad I got up to exercise, now I'm done for the day. I feel good about myself for exercising when I feel so unmotivated, but I still don't like the fact that I'm dreading it every time I do it. I've got to snap myself out of this exercise funk. Maybe tomorrow, after my training session, I'll come out with some new motivation.

Edited to add: As I was showering after I wrote this entry, I was wondering if it being "that time of the month" has anything to do with my lack of motivation...I'm not sure, but I thought I'd mention it given that I'm trying to track my ups and downs with this blog.

No comments: