Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 26: Just Yoga and Disappointment

Today was going to be an off day, but when I was only able to get in Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred video yesterday, I decided to move the Yoga to this morning. I did 30 minutes of Yoga Sculpt from Exercise TV On Demand (yep, still working) followed by 10 minutes of Pilates Abs. It always amazes me how much I sweat when I do yoga. I mean, I was dripping all over my mat. I hope this means that I'm doing it right, and I'm working all my muscles hard. Even though I haven't done a yoga routine in, gosh, about a week, I still feel pretty strong.

Disappointment: I weighed myself this morning... 140 lbs. I just don't get it. I have been eating well, I think. I keep track in a journal of everything I eat. I average about 1100 calories per day. Some days I eat 1000 calories, and other days, I eat 1200. On weekends, it's harder to stay within the 1000-1200 calorie range, but that's not unusual for anyone trying to lose weight. Fortunately, I'm able to take comfort in the following: I feel great! I feel strong, and I've noticed that I have more energy than I did a few weeks ago, when I was complaining about feeling tired all the time. It feels like my "tummy bulge" is getting smaller. In fact, today I am wearing a pair of jeans that previously I was unable to zip. I guess I need to focus on the positve and not dwell on the number on the scale, but that's easier said than done.

Tomorrow is my first session with the personal trainer. I purchased 8 sessions, and I plan to go twice a week. At the end of those 8 sessions, assuming I've seen progress, I will purchase another 8 sessions. They are running a 2 for 1 special that ends at the end of April. Those 16 sessions should get me to the end of May, after that I will have to evaluate what to do from there: continue with the personal trainer or join the rec center gym and try to continue on my own or some combination thereof. The problem is the personal trainer will get really expensive, so I need to be really close to my goal in order to justify the expense. I have high expectations, so we'll see what the next 2 months holds.

No comments: