Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 22: Gym workout

The kids and I had a very busy day today. It started at the rec center. I had hoped to be there right at 8:30, but M slept in a little later than usual, so we didn't get there until 9:15 or so. I'm glad that I decided to have R be at the child care area with M for the first time, because M pulled her usual, "mommy, don't leave me" act. I'm hoping that she'll be fine if I decide to go back there again next week. Once again, I did 25 minutes on the treadmill, alternating 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking. I could definitely do more, but the plan I'm following says to start slow and not to jump ahead, "even if you feel like you can." Now, that's advice I can follow. I then followed up the cardio with about 30 minutes of strength training. I wanted to do more, but I had to get back to pick up the kids. But, in general, I was happy with my efforts today.

I didn't do a very good job with food today, though. Between the baby shower and the birthday party, it was hard to make good choices. I declined cake at the shower, but I couldn't resist the cake at the birthday party. My mom is having us over for dinner tomorrow to celebrate Easter because they're leaving for D.C. to spend Easter with my sister's family.

No comments: