Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2d30D3: Not the kind of sore I was expecting

The first thing A asked me when I walked into the gym for my second training session was, "Were you sore?" I laughed and said, "Only my abs." He said he'd do his best to do better this time.

Today, I am sore, but none of the soreness is associated with the muscles that were worked out yesterday. I have a sore throat. I could feel it coming on most of yesterday afternoon, and I tried to will it away by drinking "all the tea in China," but it didn't work.

I'm not going to let my sore throat keep me from working out today, but I didn't get up early. I will report back later about my efforts.

Updated: It took every ounce of fortitude that I had, but I just finished working out. I did Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred using 5 and 8 lb weights, and I finished off with 30 minutes of Yoga Sculpt. I'm not sure if it's because I'm sick, but I sweated even more than usual today, hopefully my body rid itself of some of the toxins making me sick.

As for tomorrow's workout: I'm trying to switch my training session to Friday because my dad's not available to watch the kids for me tomorrow.

No comments: