Friday, April 24, 2009

2d30D12: Motivation Interruptus

I don't ask for much, really, I don't. My 3 year old has an annoying propensity for waking up way too early, usually right in the middle of my workout. Usually she just has to use the bathroom, and she'll go right back to bed. However, now that it's light out at 6:30, she wants to stay awake. Depending on a number of factors like the time, my mood, her mood, etc, I may or may not make her go back to bed. If I'm in the middle of my work out, I'll let her watch TV while I finish up.

This morning, she woke up around 6:45. I had just finished my "52 Card" training session, and I had started 45 minutes of Cardio Yoga Autonomy. My daughter said she didn't want to watch TV, she wanted to watch me do Yoga. I knew at the time that was a bad idea, but I didn't want to stop in the middle of my sun salutations to turn on the TV anyway.

Her watching me lasted for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds, which is about 1 minute longer than I thought she would. She got up to start a "project" that involved "tape." I warned her that I didn't want to be interrupted and that she'd have to work on her project quietly, by herself. Obviously, she didn't understand that instruction because she proceeded to interrupt me every few minutes with another request. I'll spare the details of the yelling that went on after the 3rd or 4th time (I'm not proud, but I was mad!). I quit my yoga practice, and she has agreed that she will take a nap this afternoon so I can do my 45 minutes of Yoga. I hope I'm motivated to do it.

Updated: MIL saves the day. My MIL called this morning to ask if she could take the kids out for lunch and ice cream. I told her about my morning show down with Madison and said that it would be lovely if she would take the kids for me for an hour so I could finish my Yoga. Now that I'm done with my Yoga, I feel much calmer. No more yelling today.

No comments: