I can't step on the scale. I just can't do it. Despite what some people say, to me, the number on the scale is not "just a number," it is an indicator of whether all of my hard work is paying off or not.
I know I am working out hard, daily. I know I am making decent food choices 90% of the time. Yes, I have some indiscretions here and there, but I try to keep all things in moderation. So, if I step on that scale, and the number isn't lower than it was the last time I stepped on it, I know I will be frustrated or worse, quit all together. I'm determined not to let that happen, again, this time. So, for now, the scale will continue to sit on the bathroom floor, untouched. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and hope that it's enough, and when I work up the nerve to step on the scale, hopefully I'll be satisfied with what I see. I don't know if that's the right approach for me for the long term, but for now, it has to be ok.
Accomplishments for this past week:
1. I worked out every day.
2. I ate well (ie made healthy choices) Monday through Saturday afternoon. (Saturday evening and Sunday, well, that's a different story.)
3. With the 80 degree weather we're having here, I pulled out my summer clothes from last year, and they all fit! In fact, some are quite a bit looser than they were last summer.
Goals for this week:
1. Finish out the week doing Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred.
2. Complete week 2 of the push up challenge.
3. Make healthy food choices
4. Only one mid-afternoon snack
5. No more ice cream, sorbet is ok.
6. Maybe step on the scale on May 1, maybe.
7. Drink more water.
That's all for now. I've got a training session tomorrow morning, so I won't be posting about my workout until later.