Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 31 nka 2d30D1

I've gotten into the habit of titling these posts as Day "X." I've decided to keep going with that because I think 30 days is a good measuring stick to keep track of how I'm doing. In theory, I can track the natural ups and downs that occur every 30 days, and if I start to falter, I'll have a chance to start with a new "shot clock" so to speak every 30 days.

However, I'd also like to acknowledge that I'm on my "second" 30 days. So, I came up with the code "2d30D_," which is short for 2nd 30 Day "x".

Updated: For as much motivation as I thought I was filled with at the end of my first 30 days, it didn't translate into getting me out of bed before the crack of dawn this morning. I know I ate too much yesterday, and my body repaid me by not wanting to get out of bed when the alarm went off.

I waited until after breakfast. The kids wanted to watch "Marley and Me," so I set them up in my bedroom, and I did Jillian Michaels' "Boost Your Metabolism" from On Demand on Exercise TV. This is a 55 minute workout. Sometimes, I'm only able to get through 40 minutes of it, but today, I was cruising along, feel pretty good, when right around the 45 minute mark the TV screen went black. "Ugh, not again! I complained to myself." It turned out to be a "Test of the Emergency Broadcast System" that interrupted service. It took about 5 minutes to get everything booted back up. I contemplated giving up, in fact, I tried to start the Pilates Abs workout, but that didn't work either. Besides, like I said, I was feeling strong and wanted to finish "BYM." After about 5 minutes of fuming, it started working again and I finished up strong.

According to my weekly plan, I wanted to get in some Yoga today, but that hasn't happened. I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow morning.

No comments: