Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How many calories...

do you burn while folding laundry for 2 hours straight?!? I have to imagine it's like one thousand, at least! All week, I've had three laundry baskets of clean clothes staring at me wondering when I'd have to time fold it and put it away. Finally, I enlisted the help of two surprisingly willing young helpers, and we got about 85% of the job done. All of the laundry is folded and the kids' laundry is put away. (Although, I just took the last basket upstairs and went to inspect the job done by my off-spring. Let's just say their efforts leave a little to be desired, but for a 5 and 3 year old, I won't complain, too much.) My stuff along with K's still needs to be put away, but I'll do that tonight before bed.

The impetus for this folding frenzy? We have a showing! We'll see what comes of this one. We haven't had a showing in over a week, so the house has gone a little topsy turvy (hence 2 hours worth of laundry folding), so I have a bit of work to do, the most disgusting of which is cleaning the cat vomit I just discovered in the basement. I had no idea he was even down there recently. I don't think I'll be enlisting any helpers for that task.

No comments: