Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Level 2 workout

I briefly described Level 1 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout DVD, so I figure I should try to do the same for Level 2. I'm doing this from memory shortly after finishing the workout.

The warm-up section begins with arm swings, backward windmills, neck rolls, jumping jacks, and leg extension lifts.

The first circuit begins immediately with the strength moves which are walk out push-ups and squat rows. Then we move on to two minutes of cardio which involves alternating between high knees and squat thrusts. The one minute ab section includes crunches with one leg raised and lowered and then switching to the other leg.

Then it's on to circuit two where the first strength move is the static lunge with arm rows. The second move is that dreaded pendulum front and back lunge that I can't seem to do very well. In the cardio portion we do jumping ab twists and then the skater. The first ab move has me extend my arms above chest with a weight in each hand while I raise and lower my legs together. The ab section ends with double crunches.

In the third circuit we start the strength move with the military press with leg extensions before moving on to the other move I don't like, the chair squat with "V" raise. We do plank jacks and double jump rope for the two minutes of cardio. We finish strong with plank twists for the final ab move.

And then, I feel like I'm going to pass out before we start the stretch/cool down.

No comments: