Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 10: Level 2 day 3

Unlike day 3 of Level 1 when the 30 Day Shred was decidedly easier for me, day 3 of Level 2 is decidedly NOT getting any easier. I guess that's a good thing, but man, I am so spent at the end of the workout I can barely get into a seated position to do the stretches!

Just as there was one move in Level 1 (side lunge w/ anterior raise) that I could barely do, there is a move in Level 2 that I am having trouble with: the moving (as opposed to static) lunges w/ pendulum swing. (Again, I'm not certain that's the name of the move, but it's got to be close.) Part of the issue is that we're coming off a static lunge move, and my legs are already shaking when we go into the lunges. The other move that's difficult for me is the chair squat with "V" raise. And I haven't even talked much about how hard the cardio is.

I'm only using 2.5 lb dumbbells; I haven't even thought about moving up to 5 lb weights yet. I have a feeling that I will be doing Level 2 for more than just seven days.

No comments: