Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 15: It must have been the "downward dog"

Back to Jillian's 30 Day Shred workout today.

Good news: my knee isn't bothering me this morning.

Bad news: my shoulders are absolutely killing me. Jillian thought it was going to be the third cardio section in Level 2 that was going to kill me, but she failed to account for all the shoulder work in a Yoga workout. (Yes, I know that Yoga isn't part of her program.)

I managed to get through the 30 Day Shred without much problem (related to my sore shoulders, anyway) despite the fact that there is quite a bit of shoulder work in Level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. (Walk out push ups, plank jacks, plank twists, squat thrusts... all of these moves are hard on the shoulders!)

Side note re: my reward for completing this challenge: I'm not certain how I'm going to handle the fact that I missed a day of the 30 Day Shred. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next 15 days. If yesterday was my only digression, I may give myself a free pass.

No comments: