Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 7: workout

Alarm: 6:03, out of bed at 6:15. K is out of towm, so I think I don't need to get up quite as early.

I have moderate energy when I wake up.

See, this is why I get up early, though...
I had just finished the warm up and started the first strength move which is push ups, when I hear screaming upstairs. "Uh oh, someone's awake." I immediately hit pause and rush upstairs to see what's the matter." My little one has gotten out of bed and is standing in the middle of the dark hallway screaming and crying, "moooom, moooooommmy!" Tears are streaming down her face, I have no idea how long she's been calling for me. I can't hear everything in the basement where I work out. My older son has come out of his room to investigate. I know my little one is scared, and I feel terrible, but I also know that all she needs is to go to the bathroom, and then she'll (most likely) go right back to bed for an hour or so. I put her on toilet to do her thing, and I tuck the older one back in bed. I go back for my daughter, and she is just finishing up. We walk back to her room, and I tuck her in. She says, "sleep with me for a few minutes." I can't say no, so I cuddle up next to her for about two minutes before I quietly leave her room and head back downstairs to finish my workout.

The girls on the screen are paused in mid push-up, I hit play, and away we go.

Despite the short set back, I follow the girls on pace. I feel good during the workout and for the first time I actually think I might be able to do it two times through, but not today, given the events of this morning, I don't really have the extra 20 minutes.

No comments: