Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3d30Day3: Moving forward

Today I was extremely sore when I woke up, but I managed to get up and Shred. I decided to try Level 1 followed by Level 2 today. That's a little earlier than I had planned, but I wanted to see if I could do it. It was definitely harder for me than doing level 1 two times in a row. I used a variety of weights throughout the workout; for some of the exercises I used 8 lb weights and for some I used 5 lbs. I incorporated my 2.5 lb weights for some of the cardio work. I was whipped at the end, but now, about an hour after I've finished, I feel great.

Scale disappointment: I weighed myself this morning. I'm still at 138 lbs. Very disappointed, but that's all I'm going to say right now. I'm obviously doing something wrong. It has to be how/what I'm eating. I'm going to give myself another week of counting my points, and see where I am. My clothes are all so loose, I thought for sure I was down around 135/136. I'm also going for routine blood work next week to check cholesterol, etc, and I asked if they could also check my thyroid again to see if there's a problem there. I doubt it, but if I'm having the blood drawn, it can't hurt to confirm what I already know.

I've been so conflicted about weighing myself because I know me, I know I'll get frustrated and quit, but I'm hoping that I can muddle through, keep working hard, and maybe something will click.

The Biggest Loser: Helen! Yay for Helen. I don't think I'm alone when I write that I'm shocked by her results. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that a 48 year old woman can beat the pants off of two much younger competitors, but she's down to 117 poounds! That is amazing! I need to find her trainer. She lives in my area, so I'm hoping her trainer is around here, too.

No comments: