Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2d30d24: Running

My legs weren't anywhere near as sore as I thought they would be, so... inspired by the Biggest Loser last night, I got up this morning and went for a run. I want to be a runner, I really do, I just can't stand running. But, I'm going to give this another try. If I'm going to do this, though, I'm going to need 2 pieces of equipment: (1) a pair of running shoes, my cross-trainers are not going to suffice and (2) a digital watch. I'm attempting to follow the C25K program, and I need a watch so I know when to switch back and forth from walking to running. Today, I counted in my head as best as I could. I did approximately 5 mins brisk walk to warm up, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 6 minute run, 2 minute walk, 6 min run, 5 minute walk. I'm pretty happy with what I was able to do. I felt pretty good while I was doing it, I know I had my heart rate up, and I sweat alot.

I rounded out the morning with some Pilates. I tried a new yoga from On Demand, but the instructor wasn't giving enough cues. If I run again on Friday, I'll do one of my old stand-by Yoga routines. I just remembered that today is the day I had planned to re-take the push up test, I better get on that so I can stay on schedule.

Updated to add: 1. I did 25 push-ups, I could have done more. I'm not sure why I stopped. 2. My legs are so sore right now. I'm not sure if it's from yesterday's workout or from this morning's run, but I can barely walk up the stairs. 3. I didn't drink enough water today.

No comments: