Monday, May 11, 2009

Second verse, same as the first

The first time I did my own 30 Day Shred challenge, last fall, I had been working out consistently, and I was "skeptical" that Jillian's 20 minute workout would be enough for me. After previewing the DVD, I thought the moves looked simple enough, and my plan that first morning was to do Levels 1 and 2 back to back. Shortly after starting the workout that first day, I realized I would not be able to do both levels, so I contemplated repeating level 1. I contemplated this for about 35 seconds. By the time I was done with the 30 Day Shred that first time through, my sweaty-headed self was just happy to be alive. Doing the cool down stretches was about all I could handle at that point.

I finished that first challenge at the end of October 2008, and my major accomplishment was surviving it. Period. I got to Level 3 during the last week, but I was only able to do it a few times.

The second time I did the 30 Day Shred Challenge was about 3 months later. I had fallen off the exercise wagon, and I needed a way to climb back aboard. I figured the 30 Day Shred would be a good way to jump back into a fitness routine. In the middle of my challenge, I lent my DVD to my sister so she could preview it. Levels 1 and 2 are On Demand under the Sports and Fitness Category, so I was able to do those levels, and by the time I was ready to move on to Level 3, I got my DVD back. Also in the middle of the challenge, I discovered Jillian Michaels' other workout programs, Boost Your Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, also available to me On Demand. To me, both of these programs are the 30 Day Shred on steroids. I incorporated these programs into my workout routine as well. Near the end of that challenge, I was beginning to think that I could do something that not that long ago I thought was near impossible, doing back to back sessions of the 30 Day Shred.

Well, today I did it! I did Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred two times in a row! Back to back, baby! I'm hoping I can keep this up. It's not easy, but it's doable. My plan is to gradually move from back to back level 1, to level 1 followed by level 2, then eventually, level 2 followed by level 3, and maybe, just maybe, we'll see if I can do back to back level 3!

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Wow, great job! Keep up the great exercise habits.
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats on completing the workout!