Monday, May 18, 2009

3d30Day8: Destined to fail, determined to try again

Ok, so starting the flat belly diet on Thursday was never a good idea knowing that we had guests coming over for dinner on Friday night and a Red Wings Game on Sunday. You knew that and I knew that. I just really wanted to get started and not make any excuses that would lead me to "start on Monday." For me, there's never a good time to start a diet, any diet. I like to eat, I like to go out to eat, I like to have friends over and cook for them, I like to drink adult beverages when I'm out with friends at hockey games. I did really well with the diet on Thursday and Friday, but there isn't much room for error on the 4 day anti-bloat jumpstart portion of the flat belly diet. I tried to keep things going on Saturday and Sunday, but the wheels finally came off completely on Sunday afternoon during the Wings' game. I won't recount the gorry details, but there were Captain and Diet Cokes involved and half of a Qdoba Burrito.

I did get my exercise in, so it wasn't a total loss, but for me, exercise alone does not help me lose weight, I must eat right, too.

So, today is a new day. I am starting over with the flat-belly diet's anti-bloat jumpstart program. We have a busy week this week, but I should be able to keep up the diet Monday through Thursday and also be on track for the weekend.

Next week, will be a problem as my husband and I are headed to Norway, but I can certainly think of worse places to try to eat healthy. I know I won't be able to follow the flat-belly diet exactly, but I'm sure I can at least do decent job of eating healthy. I'm taking my Kindle with me, and I already loaded the Flat Belly Diet Book on to it, so I can study it on the plane, and be prepared. I know the timing is bad for this trip, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me that I couldn't pass up. I also didn't want to put off starting the diet just because of the trip. I'm sure I'll start again with the anti-bloat portion of the diet when we return. But, at least for this week, I'll see how well I can do.

1 comment:

MargieAnne said...

All the best especially with the trip away. Above all enjoy the trip and don't let any anxiety over food spoil it.

Blessings