Friday, May 15, 2009

3d30Day5: What a difference a pound makes...

While I'm doing the Flat Belly Diet [FBD], I've decided that as much as I hate it, I better keep track of my weight better. So, this morning... I weighed 1.5 lbs less than I weighed the day before. Do I actually think I lost over 1 lb over night? No, of course not. It's all part of FBD's anti-bloat plan. The book is clear that losing a pound of water weight is not nearly the same as losing a pound of fat, but it's all about my psyche. If I see the scale moving down, then hopefully I'll think it's working and be motivated to keep going. That is exactly what I need and exactly why I wanted to try this program, to see if I could get the scale to move down.

After my training session yesterday, I decided to give myself a "break" from Shredding back to back this morning, so I decided to do Level 1 with 8 lb, 5 lb, and 2.5 lb weights. It's so ironic to me that I consider this a "break," it wasn't that long ago when I could barely get through Level 1 using 2.5 lb weights. I followed up Shred with 30 minutes of Yoga Sculpt. I haven't done yoga in awhile, and it felt really great. I say that every time I've gotten away from yoga, I wish I had more time to do it more often.

Today is day 2 of the Flat Belly Diet's Anti-Bloat Jumpstart Diet, look for my journal in an additional post later tonight.

No comments: