Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 6: Broken Toe?!?!

Alarm: 5:45, but I didn't get up to work out. I am so stiff and sore in the morning, I can't get out of bed. I know I need to get back into the habit of working out first thing in the morning, but I'm just not there, yet. As long as I keep doing an afternoon workout, then I'm not too upset with myself, but as soon as I start skipping the afternoon workout, then I'll be mad.

Weight: I REFUSE to step on the scale. I know that I need to track my weight, but lately, every time I step on the scale it seems I have gained another pound. I don't know how it's possible. I've been working out consistently. I've also been keeping track of my calories by writing down everything I eat. I try to stay in the range of 1000 to 1200 calories per day. I think I'm eating a good balance of proteins, fibers, and veggies. I'm a few days away from starting my period, so maybe that is contributing to my weight gain. But, I don't want to make excuses. I used to subscribe to the theory that as I work out, I'm replacing fat with muscle, and because muscle weighs more, it appears on the scale that I'm gaining weight. However, I heard Jillian say on the Biggest Loser that was a myth.

Workout: As I mentioned, I think I broke a toe today, but I'll get to that in a moment. I started today's workout by doing Level 3 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. If I'm going to lose weight, I know I need to incorporate more cardio. I've been thinking about trying to run again. I hate running, and I fail every time I try to run, but I've heard so many people say that the best and perhaps the most efficient way to burn fat is to run. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer, I'll give it another shot. There I go with my excuses again, but it's not like I'm saying I'm not going to work out until then, I'll keep with my current regimen, and incorporate running in a few weeks or so. I also did a 45 minute Yoga routine. It's a VHS tape that I've had for a long time. I can really tell that my strength has increased quite a bit since doing some of the more advanced routines that I've been doing "On Demand" through Exercise TV.

So, about my toe. It's the toe next to my pinky toe on my left foot. In the scheme of things, it's not a big deal. I finished my yoga routine without much problem. I can walk on it just fine. It hurts to the touch and is a little bit swollen. It also hurts a bit if I put pressure on it. I hurt it while "floating" from "downward dog" to "forward fold." When I jumped, my left foot got caught in the yoga mat. I heard a really loud crack, and it immediately started to swell. As I said, it's not that bad, more of an annoyance than anything.

No comments: