Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 14: Great work out!

I did it! I got out of bed when the alarm went off at 5:45 (give or take a minute or two to "shake the cobwebs.") I did 35 minutes of Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones," the "quickie" version." I followed that up with 30 minutes of Yoga. I totally could have done more of Jillian's "NMTZ", but as usual, I was pressed for time and really wanted to do some Yoga today.

I almost wrote, "I feel great" in the subject line, and in general, I do, but my lower back is sore. Again, I think I'm over-training at this point, but I also know I need to do some sort of workout everyday.

Today the scale said 138 lbs; I'm satisfied with that, I was hoping to be down a bit more, but at least the weight is trending down.

Later today I am meeting with a personal trainer. I wrote yesterday that when I finally make it to 130 lbs, I would like to go back to using a trainer to help me with those last 10 or so pounds. This arrangment would be different than my last one. I would actually go to a facility which is a "private gym" and work out there as opposed to someone coming to my house. I really liked the convenience of someone coming to my house, but I know I wasn't doing enough cardio, I think if I go to a "gym" with treadmills and elliptical machines, then I should hopefully get the cardio I'm lacking at home. I will have to enlist the help of my in-laws and perhaps workout out one evening a week after K gets home from work in order to make this work. We'll see, I'm still several pounds away.

Finally, as a complete aside, I'm baking cookies right now. They're not for me, they're for the people who are coming back this morning to take a second look at our house. I thought the smell of "baked goods" in the house might be alluring to a buyer. We'll see. While we've had a healthy number of showings, this is only the second time that someone has come back for a second look. Fingers crossed.

No comments: