Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rewards

At some point in one of Jari's DVDs (I think during one of the push-up segments), she says something like, "with every effort there comes a reward." I've decided that I need to set up small incentives for myself to keep me going this month. I've written briefly about my motivation (to lose weight for our ten year annivesary next year), but I think I need to reward myself with something small along the way to my ultimate goal.

I'm still working on the details, but this is what I'm thinking. I've been wanting to purchase for myself m.d. skincare's exfoliating pads. But, at a whopping $75 at Sephora, I just can't justify the expense for something that will only last me 30 days. I'm just not sure what level of success in this endeavor should warrant my desired reward.

I know I should say 100% workout and blogging output, but is that realistic? Is it even physically possible and/or advisable for me to workout for 30 days straight? Should it matter whether it's realisitic? Should I allow myself to skip 2 or 3 days of working out? What if I skip one day of blogging but I make up for it by writing 2 entries on the following day?

At this moment, I am leaning toward 100% workout and 100% blogging between now and October 31. Yes, I realize that's longer than 30 days, given that I started on September 25, but I can keep myself going for the extra six days with the knowledge that we have a wedding to attend on November 1, and I've already bought myself a size 6 dress that I want to wear.

No comments: