Sunday, September 28, 2008

About yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days that is typical of why I can't seem to lose any weight. The day started out just fine. It was a Saturday, and the plan for the day was to take the kids to my inlaw's house for the day, head to Ann Arbor for tailgating and a football game. As I mentioned, it's always hard for me to use self-control at the tailgates because of the scrumptious offerings of tailgate food, and yesterday was no exception. I did all right only eating a few veggies and a turkey brat with mustard. I did sneak a sugar cookie or two adorned with maize and blue "chocolate gems." I drank two Michelob Light Pomegranate beers and two bottles of water before we headed into the game.

We sat in our seats for the first half debacle of Michigan football (what a disaster that was), and left at halftime. And, no, I do not feel one ounce of remorse for having left early even though the team mounted the biggest comeback in Michigan Stadium history during the 500th game at the Big House. I take solace in knowing that the team's fortune would not have changed had I stayed to watch the rest of the game. The first half that I watched was atrocious!!

On the drive home, we made plans to go out to dinner with friends who also left the game early. We settled on a steak house in B'ham called Fleming's. While we were driving, Michigan was mounting its comeback, and by the time we reached our house, we turned on the television to watch Michigan win the game. So, now we had an excuse to "celebrate."

At Fleming's, I ordered a wedge of lettuce with bleu cheese dressing (4 pts), a petite filet (4 pts) with pan seared scallops (1 pt ). We had cheesy, jalapeno potatoes (3 pts), asparagus in olive oil (1 pt), and creamed spinach (3 pts) as our sides. I'm sure I drank at least 5 glasses of red wine over the course of the evening (8 pts). That meal alone was 24 points! More than my entire daily point allowance.

The meal was excellent! I don't regret eating it, but it's meals like that that set me back in my weight loss goals.

No comments: