Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 6: workout

Alarm: 5:24 out of bed at 5:36.
I didn't sleep very well last night, but for some reason I seem to have more energy than I did yesterday morning.

Good workout today. I kept pace with everything. Yesterday, I mentioned that I reverted to 8 lb dumb bells for the squat presses, but that's wrong. I've only been using the 5 pounders. Today, however, I did revert to using 5 lbs for the bent over rows; my forearms were really sore when I tried to use the 8 lb weights.

I've also decided that the only way I'm going to build strength and endurance with side lunge - anterior raise move is to actually do it. So, instead of substituting a move, today I did the move without any weights. Basically, I want to get the form right, and when I feel confident with the move, I'll add the 2.5 lbs.

My shins were also hurting during the butt kicks, but not enough to make me stop.

No comments: