Tuesday, January 20, 2015

That's better update with picture

I put my mind to achieving all of my goals yesterday, and I did it! Here are the stats:

Steps: 13,167 steps
Calories: 1224
workout completed: 44 minutes of elliptical plus 15 minutes of strength
Color code: Green Day

It felt good to be back on track. I plan to stay on track for the rest of the week.

Then, this morning, I read this article, and found it a little discouraging. I'm not suggesting that I'm discouraged enough to throw my hands up in the air and give up, but it did make me think to myself, "what's the point of exercising and eating right?"

I have a mostly sedentary job.  I can't help that.  Sure I can make a conscious effort to get up more often during my day and move around. In fact, I've been trying to do so.  Frankly, however, I don't see it really making a difference in my step count at the end of the work day, so I don't imagine it's significantly improving my overall health.

A few months ago, I did ask our HR department if I could have one of those standing desks, similar to the one mentioned in the article, unfortunately, I think the person I emailed thought I was joking.

My husband bought me a stability ball chair for Christmas.  I brought it to the office today, and I plan to put it together on my lunch break.   Maybe making this small change, in addition to the ones I've been working on for the past 2 weeks, will help my overall health improve, despite what the article says.

*** updated to add

                                        Ta da!


No comments: