Friday, January 30, 2015

Dismal stats

I haven't been posting my stats the past few days because they are, for the most part, dismal... at least the step stats.  I haven't reached 12,000 steps all week.  I'm frustrated with myself for not making more of an effort to move during my work day, but it's harder than it sounds.  I keep telling myself, when the weather breaks, I will get outside and walk around the campus here.  It's too hard to do that here inside the building, too many eyes are watching, and I'm sure wondering why I'm not working.

I have been able to workout, though I have not made it to the gym since Tuesday.  I was planning to go to the gym yesterday, until I received a frantic phone call from my son about a science assignment that he needed help with.  I skipped the gym because he had baseball practice, and we wouldn't have been able to complete the assignment if I had gone to the gym first.

I almost skipped working out all together, but I decided to do a walking workout with Jessica Smith. I chose the  Belly, Buns & Thighs workout.  It's a 40 minute indoor walking routine.  I hadn't done this one before.  It was exactly what I was looking for at 7:15 last night when I finally had a chance to workout... not too intense, but challenging enough where I felt like I was getting a good workout.

I do not recall how I stumbled across Jessica Smith and her *FREE* YouTube workouts, but I really like her style.  She seems so down to earth.  She appears incredibly fit, but not as intimidating as many other trainers.  I enjoy her workouts, and do them when it's cold outside and don't feel like going to a "real" walk.  If you haven't checked out her videos, you should.  She has a whole library of selections available on YouTube.  The selections vary in length, intensity, and target zones.

No comments: