Wednesday, July 15, 2009

2.3 Mile Run

I won't embarrass the runners of the world and call myself a "runner," yet, but today I ran 2.3 miles. It took me 27 minutes to do it, so I know there's plenty of room for improvement, but I'm proud of myself for getting my bum out of bed at 6:00 am and going for a run.

I was supposed to do my run yesterday morning, but I did Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" (quick version) instead. What I realized is that I'm getting bored with these routines, I need to change up what I'm doing. That was part of my motivation for getting up this morning.

I saw an infomercial for another new BeachBody series called Insanity with Shaun T. It looks almost identical to Tony Horton's P90X that I considered buying, but Shaun T promises results in 60 days. The workout series looks incredibly intense, almost "insane." My husband got sucked into watching the infomercial with me (what is it about those things that make us want to watch??) and he said he'd try it with me. If I actually believed that he would stick with it with me for 60 days, I'd take him up on it, but I know he won't. Maybe I should just call his bluff and see what happens.

For now, I'm going to stick with running every other day or so and see where that gets me.

No comments: