Monday, February 24, 2020

Meal Plan Monday: Pea-nut But-ter, mmmmmm....



I found another product I thought I'd share.  This time it's peanut butter.  The more I learn about my food habits, the more I'm beginning to realize I have certain "triggers"  (I hate that word, but it does fit), and one of them is peanut butter.  Once I start eating peanut butter, I can't stop... I'm the same way with chocolate.  Most peanut butter is packed with sugar, so I had not been eating it. But I decided to look for a brand that doesn't add sugar, and to my surprise there are plenty of options. I tried one (I won't mention the brand), but it wasn't very good. Even though it said it was "no stir" it was really pasty and chalky.  Then I found this organic one by Santa Cruz. Sugar isn't listed as ingredient, only roasted peanuts and palm oil.  It has no added sugar, only that which is naturally found in peanuts! It is so good and so creamy.  

It's amazing to me that when you eat a food that you've always eaten but remove the added sugar, how good the natural flavor of that food is.  Why did manufacturers start adding sugar to peanut butter (and other products like spaghetti sauce, ketchup, etc) in the first place? Don't answer that... I've read the books.  Anyway, peanut butter is still a trigger for me, and at 17 g of fat per 2 Tbsp, I need to make sure I only eat 1/2 a serving, but at least I can get my PB fix. 💖

How about you?  Do you have any favorite "no sugar added" brands?  I'd love to check them out! Comment below. 


Again, disclaimer alert: this is not a paid endorsement. I simply found this product on the shelf, tried it, and liked it.

1 comment:

Jessica Quinlan said...

Where did you find this PB? I primarily shop at TJs and the only PB they have contains the added sugar which I also avoid....so I typically opt for Almond Butter. But I'm like you, I like Peanut Butter way too much!! It must be in our DNA.