Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday Feature: Weekend Plans

I'll start with a round up from last weekend's festivities.  I ended up maintaining my same weight from Friday morning's weigh in until Monday morning, so I think overall I'm satisfied with that. It's better than last week's weekend gain. Though it's a bit frustrating not see the scale go down after abstaining from sweet treats and alcohol while many people around me are partaking; I have to keep reminding myself that I'm much better off health-wise.

I only made it to Yoga one time this weekend on Sunday morning because our Saturday was pretty packed.  We met a rescue pup on Saturday morning.  Fingers-crossed that we will get to bring her home next week. She's finishing up being treated for heartworm disease, so we're praying that she does well and can be adopted by us!

My book club dinner on Saturday night turned out really good, if I do say so myself.  I made keto-friendly chicken cordon bleu.  It was "keto-friendly" in that I substituted Flax seed meal for the bread crumbs, but no one missed the bread crumbs at all! I have to find some other recipes where I can use the flax seed.

This weekend's plans include dinner tonight at our club for Valentine's Day, and then we have a wedding in AA on Saturday night. We're spending the night and will have brunch with the newlyweds and their family on Sunday morning. The rest of Sunday should be low key.  The kids don't have school on Monday... don't tell my boss, but I might take that day off, too.

Hope you all have a healthy weekend. Let me know what you're doing. 💖

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am enjoying reading your blog. The Chicken Cordon Bleu was delicious! I agree that nobody missed the bread crumbs. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

invisiblejulie said...

A comment! Yay! Who is this? Leah, Jen, Vickie or Rosemary???

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you couldn't see who the comment was from. Keep up the good work -Leah