Sunday, November 15, 2015

Check-in

Another aspect of this 6 week challenge is the mandatory check-in on Facebook.  We're supposed to check-in at the gym, tag the owner and the manager of our facility, and write something inspiring.  Usually my check-in reads something along the lines of this: "Workout # x/30 done! Feels great! #waytostarttheday." Once a week, normally on Saturday, we are supposed to weigh-in.  I did not make it to the gym on Saturday because we were out way too late on Friday night.  We went to a wine tasting at the country club, and then invited friends back to our house afterward. (I didn't have any food or wine.. I was really, really good.) But, after being awake since 4:10 am and staying up until after 1:00 am, I simply didn't have it in me to get up a 6:00 am for a 7:00 am workout.  That means, I didn't weigh-in until this morning, Sunday.

I will admit I was more than a little disappointed with my 3 lb loss; my bathroom scale suggested a bigger loss of 4.5 lbs, but I've seen some fellow challengers' Facebook posts stating that they had smaller than anticipated losses for the second week, and some saw no movement on the scale whatsoever. So, I will take my 3 lb loss, be happy, and move on to week 3!

Looking ahead for this week, I'm going to continue to follow the meal plan as I have been doing.  Because I had to workout today, I'm going to switch up my morning workout schedule just a bit, M,T (off Wed) Th, Fr, Sat, (off Sunday).  Then I'll go back to my M, T, W (off Th), Fr, Sat schedule.

No comments: