Wednesday, June 17, 2009

T minus 3 days

Had a great workout yesterday, probably the best one since I started. Nick had me do pyramid sets which entailed doing sets of 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 2, 4 6, 8, 10 and then a "burn out," (doing as many as I could until I felt like I would die). I did these pyrmaid sets with 10 differnt strength training moves, like bicep curls, squats, dead-lifts, tricep kick-backs, lunges, etc. The ab work was also a pyramid scheme where I squeezed a medicine ball between my knees and crunched forward while raising and lowering my arms. It was killer, but it felt so good when I was done.

I'm going back for one more session before we leave. I had hoped to get in 2 sessions, but (a) I can't afford it and (b) the times he had available just didn't work with my schedule, so I'll just keep doing what I've been doing at home.

I woke up incredibly stiff this morning. When I workout at home, I like to start with cardio and then finish with Yoga and Pilates. I do this so that my muscles are nice and warm for all the stretching, but today I did the Yoga and Pilates first in an effort to stretch out my stiff muscles. I ended up crapping out before the end of the cardio routine. I did a different workout today from ExerciseTV that I didn't care for, so I quit when we got to the ab section because I had already done a lot of ab work with the Pilates. I'm not too upset with myself, I did great with the Yoga and Pilates which, for me, is a great workout.

No comments: