Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pants

Before I talk about the title of this post, let me tell you something. Two days to go before we leave and what do I have, 2 sick kids. I'm not kidding. One has diarrhea and the other vomited in the parking lot at CVS this morning and has been lounging pitifully on the "comfy chair" alternately watching "Caillou" and asking to be rocked by her mama. I swear, these kids have not been sick in months, and yet they chose now to pick up some virus. Thankfully, kids are resilient and hopefully they can knock these viruses out before they go off to grandma's house. We'll see.

Bad mom that I am, I did manage to go to my training session this afternoon. The little one had perked up a little bit, and I made sure that she kept some crackers down before I took her to my mom's house. My mom took them both to the park (which is what they normally do while I'm working out), but my mom said the little one wasn't "into it," so she took them back to her house.

My daughter and I are skipping my son's T-ball game right now, but Gram and Papa promised ice cream after the game so we'll see if she can rally enough for ice cream, that'll be a test of how lousy she's feeling.

Now, back to "Pants." Before the morning turned gross, I tried on a pair of capris that I wore 10 years ago on my honeymoon. A year ago, I could not get them up over my rear end, let alone zip them up. Today, I slid them up and over my rear without a problem and zipped them up without blinking (or sucking in.) I was, to say the least, amazed. Even though they're 10 years old, they're not too terribly out of style. They have a blue, white, and black small block pattern on them. I think they'll be cute with a solid white collard sleeveless shirt and sandals. We'll see. I'm going to try them on again in the morning, just to make sure it wasn't an aberration.

Tomorrow morning will be my last workout before we leave. I doubt I'll get up on Saturday morning before we leave. The plane leaves at 6:30 a.m. I may be able to get a workout in once we arrive in Cancun, though. I checked the hotel's website again, and they claim to have a world class fitness facility. They also offer yoga classes (and other ones, too which are all at no extra charge) which I may have to try, seeing as I love yoga, but have never taken a class.

I think that's all for now. I'm off to try to rouse my little one, and see if the promise of ice cream can perk her up.

No comments: