Thursday, June 11, 2009

In a funk

Not quite sure what to say here. I have found myself in an exercise and eating right funk. Sure, I'm still working out; I even had a really great training session this afternoon with Aaron. He fianlly pushed me beyond my limits, and it felt good. I have not, however, been watching what I'm eating. We had pizza for dinner last night, and I had it again for lunch this afternoon. I'm also going out with friends tonight, so I know there will be wine and lots of food.

I've had to really fight with myself to get my workouts in on the days when I don't have a training session scheduled. Like tomorrow morning, I know I'll have to drag myself out of bed.

I'm not sure where this funk is coming from. We leave on our Anniversary trip one week from tomorrow, so I should really be doing a better job of eating right and exercising if I want to get into the bikini I bought.

I think I'm down because of money issues. This root canal is costing us a fortune; I've single handedly tapped out our "family insurance allowance" for the rest of the year, so all of our cleanings and x-rays and any other dental "stuff" comes right out of our pocket. I was planning to purchase more training sessions, but I just can't justify the expense now. My husband's company doesn't take taxes out of his check, we pay "estimated taxes" quarterly, so on June 15, we will be writing a HUGE check to Uncle Sam. This expense is not unexpected, and we try to plan for it, but it's still A LOT of money. Finally, I know our VISA bill from our Norway trip is due to arrive any day now, and I cringe to think how high that will be. Sure, my husband will recoup much of it from his company in reimbursement, but that check won't get cut before we have to pay VISA, so again, another large deduction from the checking account.

What it boils down to is... I need a job, but the job market for lawyers in Michigan is not great. Most firms who are looking to hire someone with my level of experience want someone with a "book of business," and as a former government employee, I simply do not have a book of business from which to draw.

No comments: