Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Taco'bout it Tuesday: More "goal talk" featuring a milestone!

I've written about my goals here and here, and today I'm happy to report that I've reached my first significant milestone concerning my weight. I'm officially 10 pounds lighter!  Or, as they say in BLE world, I've released 10 pounds!  It took awhile, 38 days to be exact, but that's fine.  I'm posting this entry on day 44 because I wanted to make sure that the number on the scale wasn't a fluke, and given my recent fluctuations, I didn't want to brag about a 10 lb weight loss too soon. And, it's a good thing I chose to wait because as predicted, I went as low as 11.7 lbs lost, but then the number crept back up again slightly.  As of posting this entry today, I'm 11.1 lbs down!

I feel like releasing the weight slowly will serve me better in the long run. When I did VIP in 2015-16, I lost 23.5 lbs in 42 days and then another 15 lbs after doing a second 42 day round of VIP, but the weight came back on relatively quickly as soon as I stopped following the program.  With BLE, over the last 44 days, I've established a new way of eating, a new way of thinking about food and my relationship with it, a new lifestyle, if you will.  Unlike VIP where I ate the same thing everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with BLE there's quite a bit more flexibility and variety from meal to meal and day to day.

Losing 10 pounds is just the beginning for me.  I'll be honest, it was a bit of a surprise the first morning last week when I hit the 10 lb marker because I had lost 1 lb two days in a row which hadn't happened in several weeks. I also thought I'd feel a lot happier about releasing 10 lbs, but I was more shocked than happy at first.  I think part of it is that my weight loss hasn't really been noticeable to others.  Though I've been posting these entries and have been public about trying to lose weight, I haven't really talked about it much outside of this blog, and no one has really noticed, which is fine, but I think that's why I'm not as excited about this milestone as I would have expected.  Also, I have a ways to go to get to my goal, so maybe it's better that I'm not overly excited, I'm motivated to keep going.

It's embarrassing to admit, but I'm still considered "overweight" on the BMI scale, which is probably one reason people haven't noticed or are reluctant to say anything, I'm still too heavy, and I still don't want to be in any pictures (Right?!?! Rosemary!).  I started with a BMI just shy of the obese range.  I've subtracted almost 2 full points from my BMI, but I still have 2.12 points to go to get into the normal range, which equates to about 13 lbs more to lose.  So, that's my next goal, to get my BMI down into the normal range.  If it took me 38 days to lose 10 lbs, I imagine it will take at least 48 days to get my BMI down to 25 which is the high end of normal. 💖

I've talked a lot about my goals, tell me yours.  What goal(s) are you working toward this year - health, weight or otherwise?


No comments: