Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Taco’bout it Tuesday: Bullet Journaling


Earlier in this most recent blog reboot, I promised a peek at my bullet journal.  Let me state that I am far from the expert on this subject.  I’ve dabbled off and on with journaling this way since June of 2016, but my journal is probably the most simplistic and least creative version of a bullet journal that you’ll ever see.  Some people are so dang creative! You can go here for an inspiring example. 

The parts of my journal that I am the most consistent with are the monthly log of appointments, to do items, recording a daily gratitude, and daily habit tracking. Here’s a page from October 2019.  As you can see it was a busy month!

When I started BLE, I dedicated a new journal to use for this endeavor. I’m not sure why I did that, I regret it because now I have two journals to carry around instead of one.

One of the first recommendations that Susan Thompson made in a video message I received early on is to record progress on a calendar by marking a big “X” at the end of each day.  I’ve taken that a step further by using the daily habit tracker aspect of bullet journaling to track the major components of the BLE program: 

I should add no sugar, no flour, no alcohol, and no snacking as line items, but I decided those are encapsulated in “success 🙂!” Here’s how my habit tracker looks after 14 days of this program.

Pretty darn good! My other journal doesn't look nearly this complete!
By comparison, below is my habit tracker from November of 2019.  In this bullet journal, I track more personal habits.  It looks like I gave up on life after Nov. 17, but then made a feeble attempt to finish the month strong. And, you’ll notice, one habit, which was titled “organize something,” wasn’t even attempted once during the entire month! LOL!


A bullet journal is very personal and can be set up in any way that suits its user.  My personal journal has pages set up for books I want to read, books I’ve read, a permanent vacation list, people I want to connect with, organizing tasks, thoughts and musings, blog post ideas, party planning lists, etc. the possibilities are endless.

My BLE journal is quite a bit simpler.  It’s where I’m keeping my meal plans, a permanent shopping list, my weight log and graph, an emergency action plan, and as discussed, my habit tracker. There’s plenty of room to grow, and I can add pages and topics as I progress on this journey.

Now it’s your turn. Show me your bullet journal. If you don’t have one, what habits would you track?

No comments: