Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Keep going

One of the most annoying aspects of Level 1 of Jillian's video is that she doesn't do the entire workout with me. She does two sit ups before she stands up and says, "Let's take a look at Anita's form." Same with the lunges and some of the other cardio work. I know she doesn't need another workout, and I realize that part of her job is to instruct. She also has an interest in making sure that the moves are done correctly, but still, I wish she would sweat right along with me... Jari does!

That said, I do forgive her when we get to the third and final cardio circuit. It's right before the end of the workout, and she decides to join us in the workout. She's very encouraging in this part. She shouts, "I know you just want to turn off this DVD and stop, but you're strong! You can do this. You're flying through this. We don't get to the finish line and stop, we get stronger and keep going." These positive affirmations really do help me to keep going. They were especially encouraging those first few days when I thought I was going to pass out, now I really try to step it up a notch when we get to this point in the video.

There is an audio option on the DVD that mutes Jillian's voice and instruction during the workout. Even though I find some of the instruction stuff repetitive and boring, I don't really want to mute the whole thing because I need to hear Jillian's words of encouragement.

No comments: