Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No weigh

I hate stepping on the scale to weigh myself. I think part of the reason I gained 13 or 14 pounds in the first four years of marriage was because we didn't have a working scale so I never, ever weighed myself during those years. Sure, my clothes were getting slightly tighter, but it was gradual, so I didn't really notice it.



When I started Weight Watchers in July, I weighed myself every morning. At first, I lost weight when I went in for my weekly weigh-ins, so I was happy to step on the scale. But, then I gained weight one week. It was only 1/2 a pound, and it happended to be the week after an out-of-town wedding where most meals for three days straight were eaten in a restaurant, but it was enough to frustrate me. It was also about that time when I started to notice and get frustrated with the fluctuations in my weight. Somehow, from one morning to the next, I would gain or lose up to three pounds. I know that's not possible, but I've never had anyone give me a satisfactory explanation for these weight fluctuations. I know I weigh slightly more right before my period starts, and I have noticed that I seem to "lose" weight shortly after my period ends.



I've gone back and forth for the past few days over whether I should document my weight in this blog. For now, I've decided not to post my weight on a daily basis, but I reserve the right to change my mind once I get within 10 pounds of my ultimate goal, but at the rate I'm going currently, that won't be for a while.

No comments: